//

Exclusive: Iran Is Preparing for War

US-Iran Negotiations Falter, Military Buildup Escalates With Warships and Fighter Jets Positioned in Region

1 min read
The commander of the Russian fleet spoke in front of a lectern that says 'our path is the path of Imam Hussain'

by Our Correspondent in Doha

Iran is reportedly preparing for a potential war with the United States and Israel, after concluding that fundamental differences in nuclear negotiations are too wide to bridge, according to reliable sources in Tehran. U.S. officials, meanwhile, are said to be far more pessimistic about ongoing talks in Geneva than previously reported and have reportedly issued Iran an ultimatum to “fully dismantle” its nuclear program or face unspecified “other options.”

Defense sources indicate that the USS Gerald R. Ford, currently at sea, could reach the coast of Israel by Sunday morning if it maintains its current speed. Positioned there, the carrier could assist Israeli forces in intercepting potential Iranian ballistic missile threats. Alternatively, it could proceed toward the Gulf of Oman for offensive operations against Iran, a voyage estimated to take 10 to 12 days.

Amid these rising tensions, reports from pro-Iranian media suggest that Tehran has made unsettling preparations on its own soil. According to these sources, five thousand graves have been prepared for American soldiers on the outskirts of the city. The graves are said to be part of a separate cemetery managed by Beheshte Zahraa, Tehran’s largest burial ground, because U.S. soldiers cannot be interred in a Muslim cemetery.

The cemetery’s CEO reportedly confirmed that a distinct location was needed to accommodate potential enemy casualties. A spokesman for the cemetery said, “We are prepared for all scenarios, although we hope a war won’t happen. If it does, this cemetery will provide a dignified resting place for the enemy.” The graves are being constructed systematically, with markers and sections laid out in advance, reflecting a grim foresight amid escalating hostilities.

Iranian leadership has also emphasized its readiness for confrontation. Military analysts note that Tehran has been fortifying key strategic locations, including nuclear and missile facilities, while rhetoric from the government increasingly signals a willingness to retaliate should U.S. or Israeli forces take aggressive action. The combination of military buildup, explicit threats, and ceremonial preparations like the cemetery underscores the severity of the situation.

While diplomatic channels remain technically open, the widening gaps over Iran’s nuclear program and the intensifying military maneuvers on both sides point to a tense standoff with global ramifications. Experts warn that without significant breakthroughs in negotiations, the risk of open conflict in the region is rising sharply, potentially involving direct U.S., Israeli, and Iranian military engagement.

Sri Lanka Guardian

The Sri Lanka Guardian is an online web portal founded in August 2007 by a group of concerned Sri Lankan citizens including journalists, activists, academics and retired civil servants. We are independent and non-profit. Email: editor@slguardian.org

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Blog